There has been a lot of posts lately about Bucket lists. Some like Suzie81 have detailed lengthy lists on what they want to do and see in their lifetime, there are lists just for what people want to do THAT year and here I sit with no list, not even a flippin grocery list!! ……don’t get me wrong there are places that I hope to see and things that I hope to do but I never sat down and made a list…..honestly when I think of the term “bucket lists” I always thought they for the older generation but I’m not a spring chicken anymore and I AM hitting forty soon and if I don’t get my list started there will be no way I would want to travel Europe with walker in tow.
What the heck am I waiting for? My husband has one, a well thought out one at that and one of his “must do before I die” is to hit all Major League Baseball fields in one year. Now I have been included in this and all I can say is this will be quite interesting, because I still really don’t know much about baseball, up until last night I thought bases were just called bases….who knew they were also referred to as bags?? personally they look more like seat cushions to me ( Click here to read about my lack of knowledge on the subject if you want a good laugh : Americas Favorite past time…it’s definately not mine). I am just hoping that when we do plan this excursion that there are wineries in the vicinity!!
So as I sit here thinking of all the things I want to do and see in my lifetime I’m actually getting excited because I’m actually going to list them…..Plus it will be fun to come back to this post and mark them off as it happens.
I will list 25 for now …… start small right??
Start a bucket list before I turn 40 whew just made it!!
2. Swim with the dolphins
3. Visit the castles in Ireland
Be proposed to in a unique way Hubbys proposal was the best!! It wasn’t a flash mob moment but it was still amazing.
5. Go shark diving
6. Eat pizza in Italy
7. Ride a gondola (the one in Vegas doesn’t count)
8. Write a book
9. Wonder through the vineyards of Tuscany
10. Spend days visiting the Louvre in Paris
11. Put a lock on the Lovers Bridge in Paris
Fall in love with a cowboy
13. Learn French (will come in handy when I visit Paris)
14. Take a picture in front of Buckingham Palace
15. Spend a weekend in Maine
16. Make a wish at the Trevi fountain in Rome
17. Take my family to Hawaii
18. See John Mayer in concert
19. run a 5k with my sister
20. Ride an elephant in Africa
21. Go on an Alaskan cruise
22. Pet a baby penguin …..ties into #21
23. Go to Germany
24. Be successful at something
25. Have my children home for Christmas ….. yes I know this should happen every year right? well since my kids are grown they still choose to head on over to California to spend Christmas with my ex-husband and his side of the family…..it’s a huge family, I don’t blame them……..but just one Christmas in the next 30-40 years it would be nice to have them choose MOM!