Yep, this is me…..a scaredy cat!! I thought I would share ten things that I fear …….
10. Things that go bump in the night. I blame this on all the scary movies I watched while I was a teenager. Thanks FREDDY!!!
9. Losing my teeth. I have dreams of just going about my business and next thing I know my teeth begin to fall out, it’s the scariest feeling ever!!!
8. Snakes. You can read about it here …. Ohhh my gosh, what the heck is that
7. Creepy Crawlies
6. Having a Sandra Bullock moment
If you have no clue what I mean by this, let me just tell you. In the movie 2 Weeks Notice, Sandra and Hugh are stuck on a bridge, her stomach starts to rumble…..she starts to sweat……she has to go to the bathroom BAD and not just #1 …..it’s a whole lot of #2 and then some. My friends and children know that when I start driving faster, the windows go down, I begin to wiggle in my seat….beads of sweat start forming I’m in the throes of my own Sandra Bullock moment and I better find a bathroom ASAP!!…..I simply fear that there will not be a bathroom in sight and I will have to make that dreadful decision…………….to go or not to go, in my car!
5. Tight spaces.
Yes, I struggle with claustrophobia …… I can be in an elevator packed to its capacity and I start to panic, thoughts of the “what ifs” start to flood my thoughts…..dread…but it never fails I’m always the one pushed to the back corner….smooshed against the wall…..I can’t breath and it’s taking forever to get to my floor!!! …..I.HATE.TIGHT.SPACES.
4. Driving by myself at night. Blame it on the scary movies because when I am alone driving on a dark spooky road visions of something popping out in front of me come to mind. It never fails.
3. Giving a speech. WILL NOT DO IT…..I will admit it, I fear judgment…..I fear people snickering and making fun of me while I am giving a speech. Making fun of what I am wearing, what I’m saying, making fun of me because I’m nervous……………ok maybe no one is judging me but like I mentioned in a previous post, I would take an F or fake an illness before standing up in front of a group of people to give a speech.
2. My children dying before me
1. Fear of losing peace of mind, again. Always having to be alert of my surroundings in fear that I was being watched by Mr.Crazy, not being able to sleep because I feared that Mr. Crazy may be lurking outside my window. Knowing he was driving through my complex at all hours of the night was just disturbing. It is nice to finally feel safe again…..to have peace of mind that no one is “watching me”.
What do you fear ?